Saturday, January 7, 2012

Backburner for Maya finally work!!

I been trying to get Backburner work for really really long time. My first experience with Backburner came from Maya 2012 and my station is win 7 64bit. I have several stations linked with a roughter. I set those pcs' IPv4 as 192.168.1.1 and so on to create office network and have all the firewall turn off plus the disk space share for access all the files between different pc.
I can't get any server connect to manager. No matter I type in the IP address or server name it just won't connect. I noticed on the manager window it shows "new client 2002:7069:8a10...added to client list" when I started server on the same station put localhost as setting. It looks like it been trying to use IPv6 so I tried on all other computers all use IPv6 but it still didn't connect to the manager. Finally, one day, I found I can connect all the server to manager if all of those station are offline. Just have to disconnect the internet first and then started the manager and finally started all the server. And if I want to submit any jobs from maya, the station have to disconnect to internet first, too. It was fine since it could help more focus on the work anyway. It was happy and problem solved for couple days.
Next problem came up very soon. I found only manager could submit the job. If a server pc trying to submit a job from maya it get error message say something like "can't create job...". I googled for really long time and found it is a very common problem people all get. I also found this on mayastation said they know there is problem and we should downgrade to backburner 2008.
Now, some people post some solution like download backburner2008.2 from Autodesk website. I tried and it didn't work. What it finally work is backburner 2008.1.3 that included in maya 2010 package. And you have to disable the IPv6.
1. remove the backburner you already have.
2.Run the maya 2010 install disk and selected install backburner only.
3.Go to start/ type in "gpedit.msc" hit Enter/Computer Configuration/Administrative templates/Windows Components /Application Compatibility/Turn off program compatibility assistant.
4. Start the DOS window and type in "gpupdate /force". Wait for it running.
Now, after long long search and a lot of failure, the backburner finally work perfectly fine!!

2 comments:

Hsuanyi Fang said...

竟然可以高興得用英文發表了今年目前為一的一篇文章 :)

JoyGreen said...

哈哈~~超級懶惰的我,從今天起要奮發圖強啦!!用英文是因為覺得會搜尋這個問題尋找解答的人應該是說英文的人~

Select Category